Garage Door Opener Installation Service
New Garage Door Opener Installation in Orange County
Entry Systems sells and installs professional garage door openers for homeowners in Orange County and provides all types of garage door services. Our quality garage door opener installations come not only with the manufacturer's warranty but also with our own labor warranty.
In addition, we remove, replace and haul away your old equipment, aka garage door opener machines. Furthermore, our technicians specialize in determining at what point repairs are no longer a feasible option, and complete opener replacement is recommended.
Below are some of our most popular models, such as Liftmaster Chamberlain and Genie products, yet other models are available upon request. We are Liftmaster Chamberlain garage door opener dealers and dealers for all other major garage door opener brands available today.
Models include belt drive and chain drive technology, and the more recent side mount designs and built-in wi-fi.
MyQ Garage Door Openers
All Liftmaster garage door openers since 2022 include MyQ, a smart home integration. This option was first offered in 2012 with the use of an internet gateway. A myQ-enabled garage door opener gives you the ability to see if your garage door is open or closed from anywhere, at what time it opened or closed, and set alerts to notify you when it opens when it was not supposed to. In the last couple of years, manufacturers began also offering a built-in wifi camera, giving you live feed into your garage. An alternative to MyQ is Genie’s Aladdin connect, which comes with premium Genie garage door openers.
It is also possible to retrofit previous models and make them "smart" using a Homelink device.
Battery Backup Law And New Openers In California
In July of 2019, the State of California passed legislation making battery backups in garage door openers required when we replace a garage door opener or install a new garage door. All models of garage door openers installed by Entry Systems have a battery backup system as required by California law.
Although your garage door opener may be working fine, SB-969 makes it illegal to connect a non-battery backup garage door opener to a brand-new garage door.
The fine is currently $1000 per garage door opener left installed.
Current Garage Door Opener Models
87504 Liftmaster Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
- Our premium best seller
- Quiet and smooth operation
- 3/4hp equivalent
- Comes with LED lights and a built-in wifi camera with an app for opening, closing, and monitoring the opener
- Lifetime warranty on the motor and the belt, 5 years on all the major parts, and 1 year on the battery backup and accessories
8160 Liftmaster Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
- A more affordable option, but still good quality along with the wifi app
- 1/2hp equivalent
- Moderately quiet model at this price point
- 4-year motor warranty and 1 year on all the other parts
3120 Genie Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
- Good quality operator
- 3/4hp equivalent
- Quiet and has a wifi app
- 15-year motor and belt warranty, 3-year warranty on major parts, and 1-year warranty on the accessories
1028 Genie Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
- Can only be used on very light garage doors
- 1/2hp equivalent
- No wifi app
- 5-year warranty on the motor and a 1-year warranty on all the parts
87802 Liftmaster Heavy Duty Garage
- Best option for custom wood garage doors
- 3/4hp equivalent
- Has an I-beam (double reinforced) rail that will not bend or bow under pressure
- LED lights and has a wifi app
- Lifetime warranty on the motor, 5 years on the parts, and 1 year on the accessories
Note: This Liftmaster professional heavy-duty 3/4 hp equivalent motor does not make up for poorly balanced doors and may not be the quietest option out there, but it makes up for that with stability and strength.
8500W Liftmaster Side Mount/ Wall Mount Garage Door Opener/ Jackshaft
- Modern, sleek, and cutting-edge engineering
- Mounts on the side of the garage opening as opposed to overhead models
- Direct drive opener that grabs on directly to the spring system where the door lifting power is located
- Motor comes with an automatic garage door lock that deadbolts every time the door closes
- Remote LED 200 watts light
- Lifetime motor warranty and 5-year warranty on all the parts
Note: This is the quietest and nicest option available but does not work in all applications because the door must have a standard track, extra side room, and the opener also requires an outlet within 6 feet.
A Note About Screw Drive Garage Door Openers
The screw drive model was one of the original types of garage door openers popularized in the 1960s for residential home use. There are still many of these types of openers in Southern California homes, and we carry common parts for these in our office or on our trucks, such as couplers and trolleys or carriages, for repair purposes. There were many brands of screw-drive openers in the past, but now, only Genie offers a screw-drive model. Today, buying a screw-drive model by special order is still possible. However, they were prone to dripping grease, need more maintenance due to weather conditions, and have been mostly replaced by chain and belt drive models.
Garage Door Opener Installation FAQ
Here in Southern California, the most popular brand for professionals is Liftmaster, and the most popular store-bought model is Chamberlain. Genie is the next most popular brand, which has store-bought and professional models. Other manufacturers are available but are not typically considered professional or reliable. Liftmaster is the most popular because they typically have been the most cutting edge and were the first to integrate smart home integrations and develop quieter products. However, Genie has also been a consistently reliable manufacturer for many years in the industry. Entry Systems are authorized dealers for both brands and install both products. All garage door openers come with manufacturer warranties, and different models can result in different outcomes depending on the features and benefits you desire and the price point.
Garage door opener systems are sold separately from new garage doors. They do include everything you would need for an installation even if you have never had a garage door opener.
A new garage door opener system includes a motorhead, sensors, a wall button, and remote controls.